- The personal information we collect about you
- What we do with your information
- Who your information might be shared with
- Your rights with regard to your personal data
Who we are
In this policy ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Angloz Electrical.
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you and/or from a variety of sources including:
- website enquiry forms
- phone conversations with us
- emails or letters you send to us
- meetings with us
- our online services such as websites and social media
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (such as your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
What information do we hold on you?
Information that we hold on you includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name, address and contact details
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
- Information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies when you visit one of our websites
- Information if you visit our offices e.g. visual images collected closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your health. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the service you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
What do we do with the information?
We use information about you to:
- provide relevant services
- identify ways we can improve our relationship, and services
- maintain and monitor the advice we have given you together with products and services
- protect both our interests
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations
- decide and recommend how our services might be suitable for you
To provide services under the terms and conditions we agree between us, we may need to collect and use personal information about you. If you do not provide this personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
This may include the following in order to:
- provide suitable advice, products, services and information
- research your experience in dealing with us
- protect both our interests
We also have to share information with third parties to meet any applicable law, regulation or lawful request. When we believe we have been given false or misleading information, or we suspect criminal activity we must record this and tell law enforcement agencies, which may be either in or outside the UK.
We expect these third parties to have the same levels of information protection that we have.
Social networking sites
We maintain an online presence on popular social media websites including (but not limited to) Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google plus. We use these websites to share our news, upcoming events and to celebrate our culture. By engaging with us on these sites, you are accepting that the webpages are available to the general public and agree to the following:
- social media web pages are not private, please do not share your personal account information on any of the websites, including through the use of private messages
- although we do always try to read every message sent to us on social media, we cannot guarantee a response to every message
- any pictures you provide on our social media web pages may be used within our internal newsletters
- any information that you provide us with on social media webpages may be retained by the webpage for longer than your relationship with us
How we keep your information safe
We protect your information with security measures under the laws that apply and strive to comply with our obligations at all time. We keep our computers, files and buildings secure.
How long we keep your information
To meet our legal and regulatory obligations, we hold your information while you are a customer and for a period of time after that. We do not hold it for longer than necessary.
Your individual rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data.
- You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability
- If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your personal data
SSL certificates / green bar
Angloz Electrical uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect all network traffic between your PC and our systems. All information travelling to and from our website is safe against interception by third parties who might otherwise use that information without your consent.
SSL also protects you by confirming that you are looking at Angloz Electrical’s website and not a fraudulent site designed to trick you into disclosing your personal information.
Cookies are small text files which ask permission to be placed on your computer by websites you visit. Your web browser may allow you to erase the cookies, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions for guidance. However, in some instances, unless the cookies are accepted, parts of our application will not function, fully or at all.
If you do allow cookies to be used, when you view our application, we will store some cookie files, which will enable us to measure the use of the pages and features on our application and allow you to use some of its functions. The cookie is used to store the IP address of your machine and will not contain any data personal to you. We do not make any attempt to find out, by means of the cookies, the identities of those visiting our application. For further information please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We will make changes to this statement from time to time, particularly when we change how we use your information, and change our technology and products.
How to contact us
Angloz Electrical is the Controller and Processor of Data for the purposes of the GDPR.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact: